Ylläs Covid Information
Updated 10.1.2022 - Suomeksi
Travel only if you are 100 % healthy, and be responsible. It is safe to travel to Ylläs as long as you follow guidelines from authorities and the Finnish goverment.
In Ylläs services are open.
- Visit us only if you are healthy. Get tested if you have symptoms
- Keep 2m safe distance
- Wear a mask indoors
- Maintain good hand hygiene
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Download the Koronavilkku tracing app
- Read information for Christmas Travelers
Download and print:
Feeling sick or have any symptoms? Stay in your accomodation.
- Take a home test. Test are sold in K-Market Jounin Kauppa and K-Market Eelin Kauppa. If you get a positive result then get tested officially. More information about home test.
- MediYlläs: If symptoms free for locals and finnish travelers. Paid for all others. Antigen, PCR.
- Kittilä Airport: Paid. Antigen, PCR.
- Kolari Municipality's Health Care Center: Call +358 40 489 5096. Free if symptoms. 35km from Ylläs, no public transportation, but taxi
If you need hospital treatment call Kolari Municipality Heatlh Care Center: +358 40 489 5090
Positive result - what to do?
What is COVID Passport?
- COVID Passport/Certificate may be used operations where restrictions apply. By requiring the COVID Passport operator does not need to follow restrictions.
- Currently restrictions apply only for restaurants and 20+ person public events. The concept of a public event does not cover continuous, normal activities or regular activities at the workplace. For example group travel or husky safari is not public event.
- DO I COVID Passport for company x or y? Please check company's website, social media or call them.
- Person(s) fetching take away from a restaurant does not need a Covid Passport, as long as they leave right away.
- How COVID Passport works:
- Restaurant/public events informs in entrance door(s) or otherwise in outdoors if Covid Passport is required
- Customers shows Covid Passport on entry.
- The event organiser reads QR-code from the COVID Passport.
- Reader application shows green accepted or red not valid, nothing else.
- These are valid as a COVID-19 passport, if written in english or finnish:
- EU Digital COVID Certificate,
- a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination,
- a certificate of a COVID-19 test result (max 72h old), or
- a certificate of recovery from COVID-19
- More information: Covid-19 Passport and Certificate - kanta.fi
- Ylläs-Kolari area statistics and possible covid exposures are published at Kolari.fi website (only in Finnish).
- COVID situation in Lapland now
- Can I travel to Finland and Lapland? Please read: Travel and the Coronavirus Pandemic - thl.fi
- News on Coronavirus Covid-19 - thl.fi
Information for businesses etc.
Valtioneuvosto decides on restaurant restictions