Ylläs Covid Information
Welcome! It is safe to travel to Ylläs as long as you follow guidelines from authorities and the Finnish goverment.
- Restaurants opens again on Monday 29.3.
- Ski Resort in Äkäslompolo is open until Sun 9.5. Ylläsjärvi Ski Resort closed on 2.5.
- XC Ski Trails will be maintained until 1.5.
- Starting 3.5. events for over 50 persons can be held.
- If you have any symptoms get tested for free in MediYlläs, call +358 40 411 2262
Stay in your accomodation. If you have any sympoms get tested for free in MediYlläs, call +358 40 411 2262
In case you need hospital treatment call Kolari Municipality's Health Care Center, +358 40 489 5090
Covid situation in Lapland now
Ylläs-Kolari statistics and possible corona exposures are published at Kolari.fi website (only in Finnish).
- Visit us only if you are healthy. If you have symptoms get tested.
- Keep 2m safe distance
- Wear a mask indoors
- Maintain good hand hygiene
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Download the Koronavilkku tracing app
Are services and trails open?
In Ylläs most services are open normally. Please see Opening hours today
Skiing season started on Saturday 28.11.2020. Äkäslompolo Ski Resort is open until Su 9.5. See Opening Hours for Ski Resorts and Slopes.
- Gondola Lift: Wear a face mask or share only with family or members from the same party.
- T-bar Lift: Share only with people from the same party.
- Chair Lift: Keep safe distance 2m. We recommend wearing a face mask.
- Magic Carpet Lift: Keep safe distance 2m.
- Avoid queues by using non-crowded lifts.
Busiest days in ticket offices and ski rentals shops are sunday and monday.
Cross-country Skiing Trails
See currently open xc skiing trails from Ylläs Winter Trail Map
Shelters and huts along the trails
Shelters and huts are currently open. Most are maintained by Parks & Wildlife Finland so follow their instructions:
- Keep distance from others - at least 2 metres. Maintain good hand hygiene. Always follow the instructions from the public health authorities.
- Think about which locations tend to get crowded, and choose less-busy alternatives.
- Bring lunch and snacks that do not require preparing or cooking on a fire. Designated campfire and picnic sites can get very crowded.
Most restaurants and cafes sell also take away food.
Delivery to accommodation
Buy groceries from K-market Jounin Kauppa online shop for pick up or delivery (in finnish/swedish). Limited capacity so order well ahead.
Latest covid information from Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
Can I travel to Finland and Lapland? Please read